Summer Vegetable & Egg Tart
Summer Vegetable & Egg Tart (Serves 2)
6 Cherry Tomatoes
75 grams Grated Cheese
75 mL Cream
1/2 Red Capsicum
1/2 Red Onion
1. Heat your oven to 180°C.
2. Line a tart tin or shallow pie dish with short crust pastry.
3. Line the pastry with baking paper and dry rice or beans to blind bake.
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, slice the courgette, capsicum and red onion and grill or dry fry until they get some colour but are still firm.
6. Whisk together 2 of the eggs with the cream.
7. Once you have baked the tart base for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and line the pastry with 2/3 of the grilled vegetables.
8. Pour over the egg and cream mixture and scatter 1/2 the cheese on top.
9. Crack 2 eggs onto the tart mixture.
10. Top with the cherry tomatoes, parsley, remaining grilled vegetables and grated cheese.
11. Bake for about 25 minutes until the egg and cream mixture is set.
12. Serve with a salad and chutney.
Note: You may have to vary the quantities to suit the size of your tart pan.