Crispy Cheese Pinwheels
CRISPY CHEESE PINWHEELS
2 sheets puff pastry
2 tsp. finely chopped rosemary (or thyme)
3 Tbsp. finely chopped spring onion
2 Tbsp. finely grated Parmesan
1 tsp. fennel seeds (optional)
1 cup (loosely packed) grated cheese
Sprinkle of pepper
1) Lay the sheet of pastry flat on the bench.
2) In a bowl, mix the rosemary/thyme, spring onion, grated Parmesan, fennel seeds, grated cheese and pepper together to form the pinwheel filling.
3) Sprinkle an even spread of the fillings, leaving a 2cm strip of pastry clear at one edge.
4) Dab a little of water or milk along edge to help it stick.
5) Roll pastry into a log, wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
6) Heat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
7) Unwrap pastry log and slice into 1 cm slices – approximately 16 per roll.
8) Place discs on baking tray allowing a little room between them and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until puffed and golden.