Chilli Con Carne
Chilli Con Carne (Serves 2)
1 Tbsp Oil
1 small Onion (peeled and diced)
1/2 tsp Garlic (minced) or 2 small garlic cloves (crushed)
250g Lean Beef Mince
2 Tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce or a pinch of chilli powder
1/2 can Kidney beans (drained)/baked beans
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1/2 Cup Water or Beef Stock
2 Cups Vegetables (finely chopped or grated), (carrots, capsicums, mushrooms, courgettes)
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat oil in a saucepan. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until onion and garlic are golden.
2) Add mince and continue cooking until mince is browned and no longer in clumps.
3) Add chilli powder or chilli sauce, beans, tomato paste and water (or beef stock). Cook over a gentle heat for 10 minutes.
4) Add vegetables and extra water if necessary and cook for further 10 - 20 minutes.
5) Check seasoning and adjust to taste.
Serve with cooked rice or mashed potatoes
Tip: Leftovers can be used in potato topped pie, tortilla wrap or toastie pie filling