Mushroom, Tomato & Cheese Omelette
Mushroom, Tomato & Cheese Omelette (Serves One)
2 tsp Oil, Margarine or Butter
2 Mushrooms (sliced)
1 Small Tomato (diced)
1/4 Small Red Onion (peeled and finely sliced)
1 Tbsp Milk
2 Tbsp Edam Cheese (grated)
Salt and pepper to season
1) Lightly saute mushrooms, tomato and red onion in 1 teaspoon of oil. Remove from pan.
2) Lightly beat eggs with milk. Add salt and pepper to season.
3) Heat the omelette pan over a medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and pour in the egg mixture.
4) Cook over medium heat, lifting the mixture with a spatula so the uncooked egg runs underneath.
5) When the mixture is set spread the sauteed mixture on one half of the omelette. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
6) Loosen the omelette from the pan and fold in half. Turn onto a warm plate.
Tip: If making for 2 people, double the ingredients and select a larger fry pan.