Plum Clafoutis (Serves 8)
6-8 Ripe plums
300 mL Milk
80 g Plain flour
6 Tb Caster sugar
2 tsp Vanilla essence
1 tsp Ground cinnamon
2 Tb Icing sugar
2 tsp Lemon zest
1 pinch Salt
1) Heat your oven to 190°C
2) Grease a 25cm flan tin or similar with butter and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of caster sugar over the bottom.
3) Place plum halves, cut side down, so that they cover the entire bottom of the pie dish.
4) Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar over the top of the plums.
5) In a blender whizz 3 tablespoons of sugar, the eggs, milk, flour, lemon zest, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
6) Process until smooth, about 2 minutes.
7) Pour over the fruit in the pan.
8) Bake for about one hour or until firm and lightly browned.
9) Dust with icing sugar before serving.
10) Serve warm as is or with a little cream.
Note: You can also substitute the fresh plums with other fresh fruits like pears or nectarines etc.
More recipes, tips , videos and free e-recipe books are available at eggs.org.nz